EMS Ceramic and Ceramic Tipped Tweezers
The wide range of materials that falls within this classification includes traditional ceramics (clay minerals, cement and glass) and advanced ceramics (pure and partially modified ceramics compounds such as alumina or zirconia ceramics).
These materials are typically:
- Insulating to the passage of electricity and heat.
- More resistant to higher temperatures and harsher environments than metal and plastic tweezers.
- Ceramics are hard but usually very brittle.
For the production of our EMS precision tools, we have chosen an uniquely advanced ceramic compound; Zirconia Toughened Alumina (ZTA). It was chosen due to its fracture toughness and its high flexural strength.
MZ – Zirconia Toughened Alumina (ZTA):
- A superior combination of high strength (from zirconia) and extreme hardness (from alumina).
- Possesses relatively low density; no open porosity.
- Offers a very hard surface with good abrasion and wear resistance.
- Has good flexural strength and fracture toughness.
- Excellent thermal properties and high temperature stability.
- Extreme corrosion resistance, nearly chemically inert.
- Electrically insulating.
- Typically applications include soldering processes, handling of components during thermal and chemical processes. Generally these tweezers are used when very rigid tips are required.
Ceramic Tweezers are best suited for working with acids (except HF), for SDM, solders pot, and high temperature exposure. Clean room approved. Can be sterilized. Solder repellent.
Straight, tips 1mm wide, serrated. Length: 5" (125mm)
|78126||EMS Ceramic Tweezers 8501||each||185.00||Add to Cart|
Style 8501 FGG
Straight, tips 0.3mm wide, smooth, very fine. Length: 5" (125mm)
|78122||EMS Ceramic Tweezers 8501 FGG||each||185.00||Add to Cart|
Curved, tips 1mm wide, smooth. Length: 5" (125mm)
|78120||EMS Ceramic Tweezers 8507||each||185.00||Add to Cart|
These tweezers have Zirconia ceramic precision tips. Surface resistively 10E12 ohm. Contamination free, high temperature (1000°C). Aluminum handles. Lightweight.
Style 2A MZ
Ceramic tip length 35mm. Tip width: 2mm. Length: 5¼" (134mm)
|78127-2A||EMS 2A MZ Ceramic Tip||each||59.00||Add to Cart|
Style 71 MZ
Ceramic tip length: 30mm. Tip width 0.3mm. Length: 5¼" (134mm)
|78127-71||EMS 71 MZ Ceramic Tip||each||59.00||Add to Cart|
Style 72 MZ
Ceramic tip length: 30mm. Tip width 0.2mm. Length: 5¼" (134mm)
|78127-72||EMS 72 MZ Ceramic Tip||each||59.00||Add to Cart|
Style 73 MZ
Ceramic tip length: 33mm. Tip width 0.3mm. Length: 5¼" (134mm)
|78127-73||EMS 73 MZ Ceramic Tip||each||59.00||Add to Cart|
Style 74 MZ
Ceramic tip length 40mm. Tip width 0.5mm. Length: 5¼" (134mm)
|78127-74||EMS 74 MZ Ceramic Tip||each||59.00||Add to Cart|
Style 7 MZ
Ceramic tip length: 43.5mm. Tip width 0.6mm. Length: 5¼" (134mm)
|78127-7||EMS 7 MZ Ceramic Tip||each||59.00||Add to Cart|