- Weigh out the correct amount of hardener in a mixing cup.
- Weigh out the corresponding amount of resin into the same mixing cup.
- Stir thoroughly for net less than 5 minutes until the mixture is homogeneous, without introducing air bubbles.
- Place the specimen in the middle of the mounting cup and carefully pour in the mixed epoxy.
- Ensure that no air remains trapped within gaps or cavities in the specimen by moving the specimen or by tapping the mounting cup on the table.
Unimount cures at 75°C/167°F, the curing time is 1½ hours at 75°C/167°F. To obtain these temperatures, either a laboratory oven/heating cabinet or Drybox can be used. When using a oven/cabinet we recommend using one with good ventilation to ensure that the heat created by the exothermic reaction during curing is removed.
|Mixing Ratio:||BY WEIGHT: Resin/Hardener: 25/7
BY VOLUME: Resin/Hardener: 31/10
|Potlife: (30g mixture at 21°C/70°F):||4 Hours|
|Hardening Time (30g mixture at 21°C/70°F):||1 1/2 hours in oven at 75°C/167°F|
|Peak Temperature(30mm dia embedding w/o specimen at 75°C/167°)||170°C/338°F|
|Hardness||85 Shore D|
|Density (g/ml)||Resin: 1.13 / Hardener: 0.96|
|Soluble in||Resin & Hardener: Alcohol, acetone|
|Chemical resistance after curing||Most common acids & bases|