Technovit H7100 / H8100 Prussian Blue Stain
EMS Catalog #14653 - 14654
Prussian Blue Stain For Glycol Methacrylate Sections
- Stain in Potassium Ferricyanide solution at 60°C for 15 minutes. Filter solution after heating and before use.
- Wash in distilled water.
- Stain in Safranin O for two to five minutes.
- Wash in 1% acetic acid.
- Dehydrate in 96% alcohol two times then 100% alcohol.
- Clear in xylene and mount.
blue / green
Potassium Ferricyanide Solution:
- Potassium Ferricyanide - 1 gm
- Distilled water - 50 ml
- 2% Hydrochloric acid - 50ml
- Safranin O (C.I. #50240) - 0.2gm
- 1% acetic Acid - 100ml
Gerrits, P.O. and Smid, L., "Staining Procedures for Tissues Embedded in 2-Hydroxyethyl Methacrylate", Heraeus Kulzer