EMS Catalog #17984-25
Fluoromount-GT is a water-soluble, non-fluorescing compound for slides mounted after a staining procedure having an aqueous final step. Mounting slides with Fluoromount-GT may reduce fluorochrome quenching during analysis of slides by fluorescence microscopy. This mounting medium also provides a semi-permanent seal for long-term storage of slide preparations.
Instructions For Use
- Prepare cytocentrifuge preps according to established procedures.
- Fix and rehydrate preps.
- Remove one slide at a time from aqueous buffer, add one (1) drop of Fluoromount-GT directly to cell prep, mount cover slip and press gently with a gauze sponge to remove excess mounting medium and to seal the cover slip.
- Allow mounted preps to air-dry for five (5) minutes before examination.
Handling And Storage:
Fluoromount-GT is supplied as a 25ml solution containing 0.1% sodium azide as preservative; store at room temperature.
Removal of Fluoromount™
Fluoromount™ is an aqueous based mounting medium and can easily be removed by soaking the slides in de ionized water:
- Place the slide in a beaker full of de ionized water on a magnetic stirrer.
- Leave the slide for few hours to overnight with gentle stirring for complete removal of dry Fluoromount™
Reagents contain sodium azide, which is very toxic if ingested or inhaled. Avoid contact with skin, eyes, or clothing. Wear eye or face protection when handling. If skin or eye contact occurs, wash with copious amounts of water. If ingested or inhaled, contact a physician immediately. Sodium azide yields toxic hydrazoic acid under acidic conditions. Dilute azide-containing compounds in running water before discarding to avoid accumulation of potentially explosive deposits in lead or copper plumbing.