EMS Mount Mounting Medium
EMS Catalog #17985-05, -06, -07, -08
EMS Mount Mounting Medium is a non-permanent, low-viscosity aqueous mounting medium designed for mounting of tissue sections and cell smears with peroxidase and alkaline phosphatase chromogens that cannot be dehydrated with organic solvents. This mounting medium preserves Fast red, Aminoethylycarbazole (AEC), BCIP/NBT, BCIP/INT chromogens and is also compatible with counterstain like Hematoxylin and Nuclear fast red (NFR). It is also suitable for chromogens like DAB and DAB with nickel and cobalt. (It is not compatible with H and E staining). Coverslip is required.
1.400 ± 0.0021 (1These numbers apply to these mounting mediums in solution. Refractive indexes change when the water solvent evaporates and mounting media dries on slides. We do not have the means to measure the refractive indexes of dry mounting mediums; however we expect the numbers to go higher when dried. The refractive index of water is 1.3330
Mounting of chromogens that cannot be dehydrated with organic solvents.
Ready to use mounting medium
Storage at 2-8°C is recommended. DO NOT FREEZE.
Instructions For Use
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles. Apply 2-3 drops of mounting medium and apply coverslip carefully without getting air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- The coverslip may move, so it may be necessary to seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or our Organo mounting medium
- Method for applying Coverslip: Put 1-2 drops of Mounting medium on the specimen. After 3-4 minutes apply coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles. Put Kimwipes on the top of coverslip, press gently to remove excess mounting medium. With 200 micropipette add organic mounting medium on the edges to seal. Incubate at 37°C for one hour in the dark to dry organic mounting medium.
- Store slide at room temperature.
Removal of Coverslip
Coverslip can be removed before sealing the edges. Soak slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deiononized water for several minutes. Carefully and slowly move the coverslip. Soak in water for an additional few minutes to remove coverslip. Rinse slide several times with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be remounted again.