Clear-Mount, with Tris Buffer or Pipes Buffer, A Permanent Aqueous Mounting Medium
EMS Catalog #17985-12, 17985-17
Clear-Mount is a permanent aqueous mounting medium designed for permanent mounting of tissue sections and cell smears with peroxidase and alkaline phosphatase chromogens that can not be dehydrated with organic solvents. This mounting medium preserves Fast red, Aminoethylycarbazole (AEC), BCIP/NBT, BCIP/INT chromogens and is also compatible with counterstain like Hematoxylin and Nuclear fast red (NFR). It is also suitable for chromogens like DAB and DAB with nickel and cobalt. It is not compatible with H and E staining.
Mounting of immunohisto slides that cannot be dehydrated with organic solvents.
Ready to use mounting medium.
Instructions For Use
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting the slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against a paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 1 to 2 hours. Or the slides can be heated at 37-40°C for 40-60 minutes. The slides are ready for visualization under a microscope.
- To visualize slide under microscope with 4X, 10X, 20X or 40X lens coverslip is NOT required
Handling And Storage
This product is stored at room temp, however for long term storage 2-8°C is recommended. The pH of this product is more stable at 2-8°C. DO NOT FREEZE.
Removal of Coverslip
At this step for any reason if coverslip has to be removed, follow these instructions: Soak the slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deionized water for 5-10 minutes until the mounting medium is dissolved. Rinse slide with warm water several times to remove all mounting medium; the slide can be remounted again if required.