Fluoro-Gel II with Dapi
EMS Catalog #17985-50, 17985-51
Fluoro-Gel II is an aqueous mounting medium for preserving fluorescence of tissue and cell smears. This unique formula prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, Redox, phycoerythrin (R-PE), phyocyanin (PC), and allophycocyanin (APC). The fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4°C in the dark. This medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys immunofluorescence of Cy dyes, R-PE, PC and APC.
Immunofluorescence, confocal microscopy.
Ready to use mounting medium.
Instructions For Use
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface away from light.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen and spread out evenly by tilting slide back and forth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip making sure the tissue is not touched. Excess medium can be removed by touching the edges of slide against paper towel.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 5 minutes.
- Apply cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- One can seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish, any organic medium or our Limonene mounting medium (cat. # 17987-01). If a coverslip is not sealed air bubbles will appear in few days.
- For storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8°C.
Handling And Storage
This product can be store at room temp, however for long term storage 2-8°C is recommended. Protect from light, DO NOT FREEZE
Removal of Coverslip
Coverslip can be removed before sealing the edges. Soak slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deionized water for several minutes. Carefully and slowly move the coverslip. Soak in water for an additional few minutes to remove coverslip. Rinse slide several times with warm water to remove all mounting medium. The slide can be remounted again.