In Situ Mounting Medium
EMS Catalog #17988-30
In Situ mounting medium is a unique mounting medium designed for permanent preservation of tissue sections and cell smears with alkaline phosphatase chromogens like NBT/BCIP and Immuno Red counter stain™ (protein stain).
Mounting tissues and cell smears.
Ready to use mounting medium.
Instructions For Use
- When the room temperature is low example 20°C or lower this mounting medium will become gel. Warm mounting medium to approximately 25°C and apply as described below.
- Rinse slide to be mounted with DISTILLED OR DEIONIZED WATER, touch the edges of slide on a paper towel to remove excess water. Place slides on a flat surface.
- Turn the vial upside and remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 3-4 drops directly on the top of specimen and spread out evenly by tilting back and fourth or spread evenly with a 0.2 ml plastic pipette tip.
- Let stand at room temperature for about 60-90 minutes or heat slides at 37-40°C for 40-50 minutes. A COVERSLIP IS NOT REQUIRED.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope. To visualize slide under microscope with 4X, 10X, 20X or 40X lens coverslip is NOT required.
- FOR Oil Immersion lens, the slide can be visualized as follows:
- A drop of oil can be placed directly on dried mounting medium for visualization; the oil can be removed by wiping with Kimwipes or lens paper. OR
- Apply 1-2 drops of any organic mounting medium on top of dried mounting medium; which has protected the specimen, cover slide with coverslip; the slide is ready for visualization.
Handling And Storage
2-8°C is recommended.
Removal of Coverslip
For any reason if coverslip has to be removed, follow these instructions: Soak the slide in warm (37°C) distilled or deionized water for 5-10 minutes until the mounting medium is dissolved. Rinse slide with warm water several times to remove all mounting medium; the slide can be remounted again if required.