EMS Glycerol Mounting Medium
EMS Catalog #17989-40, 17989-41
This mounting medium is made with glycerol. It is excellent for preserving thick sections that can not be mounted with mounting medium or fresh frozen tissues that contain a lot of lipids, e.g. brain tissue. It is also useful for preserving small embryos. This mounting medium is also useful for immunofluorescence. This is an aqueous mounting medium for preserving fluorescence of tissue and cell smears. This unique formula prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy dyes, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine and Redox. The fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4°C in the dark. This medium does not contain phenylenediamine, which destroys immunofluorescence of Cy dyes.
Not recommended for phycoethyrin (PE), phycocyanin (PC) and allophycocyanin (APC).
Mounting tissues and cell for IHC and for Immunofluorescence (IF)
Ready to use mounting medium for IHC and for Immunofluorescence (IF)
2-8°C is recommended, Protect from light
Dehydration of specimen is not required.
- Bring the vial to room temperature. Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 1-3 drops of mounting medium directly on top of the specimen.
- Place coverslip; it may be necessary to seal the edges with nail polish or any organic mounting medium.
- Method for applying Coverslip: Put 1-2 drops of Mounting medium on the specimen. After 3-4 minutes apply coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles. Put Kimwipes on the top of coverslip, press gently to remove excess mounting medium. With 200 micropipette add organic mounting medium to seal the edges.
- For storage it is recommended that the IHC slides can be stored at room temperature and IF slides in the dark at 2-8°C.