EMS Glycerol Mounting Medium with DABCO™
EMS Catalog #17989-50, 17989-51
Glycerol with antifading agent 1, 4-Diazobicyclo-(2,2,2-octane (DABCO™) is an aqueous mounting medium for preserving fluorescence of tissue and cell smears. This unique formula prevents rapid photobleaching of FITC, Texas Red, AMCA, Cy2, Cy3, Cy5, Alexa fluoro 488, Alexa fluoro 594, Green fluorescent protein (GFP), tetramethyly rhodamine, Redox. Fluorescence is retained during prolonged storage at 4°C in the dark.
Not recommended for phycoethyrin (PE), phycocyanin (PC) and allophycocyanin (APC).
Immunofluorescence, confocal microscopy
Ready to use mounting medium with anti-fading agent
2-8°C is recommended, Protect from light
Dehydration of specimen is not required.
- Bring the vial to room temperature.
- Turn the vial upside down and open the dropper to remove any air bubbles.
- Apply 1-2 drops of mounting medium directly; cover slip carefully avoiding air bubbles.
- The specimen is ready for visualization under a microscope.
- One can seal the edges of cover slip with nail polish or any organic medium.
- Method for applying Coverslip: Put 1-2 drops of Mounting medium on the specimen. After 3-4 minutes apply coverslip carefully avoiding air bubbles. Put Kimwipes on the top of coverslip, press gently to remove excess mounting medium. With 200 micropipette add organic mounting medium to seal the edges.
- For storage it is recommended that the slide be stored in the dark at 2-8°C.