UranyLess – Protocols of Use: Negative Staining
EMS Catalog #22409
Negative staining is a very useful technique in electron microscopy. It allows characterization of isolated particles of morphology as bacteria, virus, protein, nanoparticles, liposomes, exosomes, etc.
- On a piece of parafilm or any other hydrophobic carrier, place a drop of your solution (~ 10µl) and a UranyLess drop.
- Using our fine tweezers, place your sample drop on a formvar-carbon coated grid. for about 1 minute.
- Blot your grid using filter paper.
- Place your grid on the UranyLess solution for 1 minute.
- Blot, let it dry for 5 minutes and observe under the microscope.
- If the staining is too intense, wash with room temperature water for 1 minute.