EMS Catalog Number: 26041-05 and 26041-06
Follow most fixatives.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water..
- Stain in Harris Hematoxylin containing 2 – 4 ml of Glacial Acetic Acid per 100 ml for 5 15 minutes. Wash in water.
- Differentiate in Acid Alcohol until the sections turn red.
- Blue section in Sodium Acetate, 1% or Ammonia Water, 0.3%, or Lithium Carbonate Solution
- Wash thoroughly and counterstain.
Harris, H.F., J. Appl. Microscopy, III: 777-781, 1900
Mallory, F. B., Pathological Technique, W. B. Saunders Co., Philadelphia, 1938.
Clark, G., (ed.), Staining Procedures, 3rd Edition, William & Wilkins, Baltimore, pp33 & 35, c 1973.
Luma, L.G., (ed.) Manual of Histologic Staining Method of the AFIP, 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill, NY, pp 34 & 38, c1968.