EMS Catalog #26087
Microwave Kinyoun's Method For Acid Fast Bacteria
Paraffin and frozen sections, air dried smears, touch preps.
- Deparaffinize sections in 2 changes of Xylene, and absolute alcohol. Air dry slides.
- Filter 40 ml Kinyoun's Carbol Fuchsin Solution, into a plastic Coplin jar. Place slides in the jar; cover with a loose screw cap. Heat in the microwave for 50 seconds.
- Remove the Coplin jar from the oven; rinse slides individually in 50% Alcohol. Differentiate in Acid Alcohol, 1%,until sections are faint pink. Dip a few times. Rinse in 50% alcohol, then in distilled water.
- Counterstain lightly with Methylene Blue Working Solution, for two seconds. To prepare working solution from Methylene Blue Stock Solution, mix:
Methylene Blue Stock, .....10 vols
Tap Water ...........90 vols
- Dehydrate clear in Xylene. Mount
Note: All the alcohol dilutions used in this method should be prepared with absolute 100% alcohol.
|Acid Fast Bacteria||
|Other tissue elements||
|Other types of bacteria||
Valle, Sylvia; Journal of Histology , vol. 9, No. 4, December 1986.