Truant's Fluorescent Method For Acid Fast Organisms
EMS Catalog #26102
10% Buffered Neutral Formalin
Paraffin, @ 6 microns
Staining ProcedureUse control slide
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Weigert's Iron Hematoxylin solution for 10 minutes. Prepare working Weigert's Hematoxylin by mixing 1 vol. of Weigert's Hematoxylin A, with 1 vol. of Weigert's Hematoxylin B. Wash in running water for 10 minutes.
- Auramine-Rhodamine Solution, @ 60 °C for 10 minutes, or 37 °C for 15 minutes, or 25 °C for 20 minutes. Wash in tap water.
- Remove excess stain with Acid Alcohol, 1%, for 2-3 minutes. Wash in running water. Rinse in distilled water.
- Dehydrate in 95% alcohol, absolute alcohol, and clear in Xylene, two changes each.
- Mount with Permount.
|Acid Fast||flourescent reddish yellow|
Traunt, J.P. Henry Ford Hospital Med. Bull., 10:287, 1962.
AFIP Manual of Histological Staining Methods, 3 rd ed. , Ed. L. Luna: New York : McGraw Hill
Publications, c. 1968, p. 219.
Clark, G.: Staining Procedures, Williams and Wilkins Co., Baltimore , 3 rd Ed., c. 1973, p. 225.
Weigert’s Iron Hematoxylin Solution A, Weigert’s Iron Hematoxylin Solution B, Auramine-Rhodamine Staining Solution and Acid Alcohol 1% for Truant's Fluorescent Method for Acid Fast Organisms are available online from the EMS Catalog. For ordering or product information, click here.