Giemsa For H-Pylori And Mast Cells (microwave )
EMS Catalog #26110
10% Buffered Neutral Formalin
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Place promptly in Methanol for 2 minutes.
- Preheat Working Geimsa solution in microwave on high for
45 seconds. Filter the hot solution into a coplin
the slides. Stain for 2 minutes.
To prepare working solution mix:
7.0 ml Geimsa Stock
38 ml Distilled water
5 ml Methanol
Prepare fresh- do not reuse!!
- Rinse quickly in distilled water
- Dip one slide at a time in Acetic Acid, 1% .
- Rinse quickly in distilled water.
- Rinse in 3 changes of Methanol.
- Clear in Xylene and mount.
|Red Blood Cells||Pink|
|H-Pylori, fungi and other bacteria||Blue|
NOTE: The use of methanol to dehydrate stained sections prior to mounting seems to provide lighter staining of surrounding tissue, offering better contrast with stained organisms.
Helicobacter pylori in peptic ulcer disease, NIH Consensus Statement Online, January 1994, 12 (1): 1:23 . Luna l AFIP 3 rd ed. McGraw Hill, 236.
Fail, Rena , AS , HT (ASCP) Medical University of South Carolina , Histologic . Vol. XXXIV, No. 2, Nov. 2001. P 32.