Thomas' Method for Malarial Parasite
EMS Catalog #: 26155-Series
Any well fixed tissue.
Paraffin at 6 microns
- De-paraffinized and hydrate to distilled water.
- Stain for two minutes in Phloxine B Solution, 0.5% (#26155-01). Rinse well in distilled water.
- Stain for 1 minutes in Methylene Blue-Azure B Solution (#26155-02)
- Differentiate in Acetic Acid, 0.2% (#26155-03)
- Complete the differentiation in three changes of 95% alcohol.
- Dehydrate in absolute alcohol and clear in xylene, two changes each.
- Mount with Permount (#17986-01)
|Plasma Cell Cytoplasm||Blue|
|Other Tissue Elements||Shades of rose to red|
Thomas, J.T. Stain Techn., 28:311-312, 1953
Luna, L.G. (ed.) Manual of Histologic Staining Methods of the AFIP, 3rd edition, McGraw-Hill, NY., p. 129, c. 1968