Prussian Blue Stain for Non-Hemoglobin Iron
EMS Catalog #: 26161-Series
- Rapidly air dry smear or imprint.
- Flood slide with Wright Staining Solution (#26161-02).
- Dilute the stain (on slide) with Phosphate Buffer (#26161-03). Leave for a length of time suitable to stain strength and cellularity of film.
- Immerse slide in Prussian Blue Staining Solution for 10 minutes. Prepare Prussian Blue Staining Solution by mixing two parts of Potassium Ferrocyanide 2% (#26161-1A) and three parts of Hydrochloric Acid, 1% (#26161-1B). Prepare fresh, just before use.
- Wash briefly in distilled water until pink color appears, and drain dry.
- If desired dehydrate, clear and mount with synthetic resin.
|Particulate Iron and non- granular cytoplasm of many Macrophages||Blue to Blue-green|
|Other||Comparable to original films stained with Wright Staining Solution|
Clark, G. Staining Procedures, Williams and Wilkins Co. Baltimore, 3rd ed., c. 1973, p.130.
Sundberg, R., and Broman, H., Blood, 10160-6, 1955.