Maximow's Method for Bone Marrow
EMS Catalog #: 26252-Series
Zenker’s / Formalin
Paraffin at 6 microns
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Mayer’s Hematoxylin (#26252-01) for 15 minutes. Wash in tepid tap water for 15 minutes.
- Stain in working solution overnight. Prepare working solution fresh each time as follows:
- Differentiate in 95% alcohol until blue ceases to come out into alcohol and erythrocytes and collagen are pink.
- Dehydrate in absolute alcohol, clear in xylene, two changes each.
- Mount with Permount (#17986-01).
|Basophile leucocyte, mast cell||Purple to Violet|
|Erythrocytes, eosinophile granules||Pink|
|Cytoplasm||Blue to Pink|
AFIP, Manual of Histologic Staining Methods, 3rd edition, Ed. L. Luna: New York: McGraw Hill Publications, c. 1968, p. 120
Mallory, F.B., Pathological Technique, New York, Hafner Publishing Co., 1961, p. 196.