Sweat-Puchter Method For Amyloid
EMS Catalog #26303
10% Buffered Neutral Formalin
Paraffin at 6 microns. 12 micron sections may be used to demonstrate minute amyloid deposits. Staining is brighter on 12 micron sections.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Wash in running water 5 minutes. Mordant in Buffered Neutral Formalin overnight. Wash in water for 15 minutes.
- Alkaline Alcohol Solution for 1 hour. Rinse in distilled water for 10 seconds.
- Stain in preheated Sirius Red Solution for 90 minutes @ 60 °C. Rinse briefly in two changes of Borate Buffer. Wash in running water for 5 minutes.
- Stain in Hematoxylin Solution for five minutes. Wash in running water for at least 20 minutes to prevent fading of stain.
- Hydrate rapidly in Absolute Alcohol. Clear in three changes of Xylene. Mount.
|Amyloid||Pink to Red|
|Elasticia||Pink to Red|
Sweat, F. and Puchtler, H.: Arch. Path. 80:613, 1965.
AFIP Manual of Histologic Staining Methods, 3 rd edition, Ed L. Luna: New York : McGraw Hill Publications, c. 1968, p. 154.
Sirius Red F3BA Solution, Mayer Hematoxylin, Borate Buffer, and Alkaline Alcohol5 for Sweat-Puchter Method For Amyloid are available online from the EMS Catalog. For ordering or product information, click here.