Mayer's Mucihematein, Modified
EMS Catalog #: 26321-Series
Absolute Alcohol (Cat. #15055) 4 – 8 hours.
Paraffin or Celloidin.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Place on staining rack and rinse several times with distilled water.
- Place 2 ml of Mayer Mucihematein, Modified (#26321-01) on each slide. Allow to remain for five minutes. Drain off stain and wash well with distilled water three times for 5 minutes each.
- Dehydrate in two chages of 95% alcohol, two changes of absolute alcohol, Absolute Alcohol-Xylene (50:50), and two changes of Xylene (#23400).
- Mount with Permount (#17986-01) or DPX (#13510).
|Cell Nuclei||Pale Gray-Blue|
|Connective Tissue||Pale Gray to Colorless|
Laskey, Alice: Stain Techn., 25:33 (1950).
Clark G.: Staining Procedures, William & Wilkins Company, Baltimore, 3rd Ed., c. 1973, p. 47