Alcain Blue (pH 2.5) Method
EMS Catalog #: 26323-Series
Paraffin at 6µm sections.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Mordant in Acetic Acid, 3% (#26323-03) for three minutes.
- Stain in Alcian Blue Solution (#26323-01) for thirty minutes. Wash in running water for ten minutes and rinse in distilled water.
- Counterstain in Nuclear Fast Red Solution (#16323-02) for five minutes. Wash in running water for one minute.
- Dehydrate in 95% Alcohol, Absolute Alcohol, and clear in Xylene (#23400), two changes each.
- Mount with Permount (#17986-01) or DPX (#13510).
|Weakly Acidic Sulfate Mucosubstances||Dark Blue|
|Hyaluronic Acid||Dark Blue|
AFIP Manual of Histological Staining Methods, 3rd ed., Ed. L. Luna: New York: McGraw Hill Publications, c. 1968, p. 163.
Lev, R. & Spicer, S.S., J. Histochem. Cytochem., 12:309, 1964