Picrosirius Red Staining Of Cardiac Muscle Following Phosphomolybdic Acid Treatment
EMS Catalog #26357This method eliminates cytoplasmic staining, revealing thin septa and collegen fibers clearly.
Parrafin @ 7 microns.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Wash in running tap water, 10 minutes.
- Rinse in distilled water.
- Treat in Phosphomolybdic Acid 0.2% Aqueous (1-5 minutes)
- Stain in Sirius Red, 0.1% in Sat'd Picric Acid , for 90 minutes.
- Wash for 2 minutes in 0.01 N Hydrochloric Acid .
- Rinse in 70% Alcohol for 45 seconds.
- Dehydrate, clear and mount in Permount
Dolber, Paul C. and Madison S. Spach. Picrosirus Red Staining of Cardiac Muscle Following Phosphomolybdic Acid Treatment , Stain Technology , Vol.62 No.1 (1987) 23-26.
Phosphomolybdic Acid, Sirius Red, and Hydrochloric Acid for Picrosirius Red Staining Of Cardiac Muscle are available online from the EMS Catalog. For ordering or product information, click here.