A Modified Verhoeff Elastic-Van Gieson Stain
EMS Catalog #26369
Consistent and shorter staining time!
10% Buffered Neutral Formalin
- Deparaffinize and hydrate sections.
- Stain in modified Verhoeff at room temperature for 7 minutes or in a 60 °C oven for 3 1/2 minutes.
To prepare modified Verhoeff Working Elastic solution, mix just before use:
3 parts Alcoholic Hematoxylin, 3%
2 parts Ferric Chloride 2%, aqueous
1 part Lugol's Iodine
- Wash in running warm tap water for 1 minute.
- Differentiate in Ferric Chloride, 0.4% aq. for 75 seconds.
- Wash in running warm tap water for 5 minutes.
- Counterstain in Van Geisons solution for 60 seconds.
- Dehydrate, clear and mount with Permount.
Garvey, Winsome et al "A modified Verhoff Elastic Van Geison Stain" The Journal of Histotechnology, Vol. 14, No. 2 pp113-114 June 1991.
Alcoholic Hematoxylin, Ferric Chloride 2% aqueous, Lugol’s Iodine, Ferric Chloride 0.4% aqueous and Van Geisons Solution for a Modified Verhoeff Elastic-Van Gieson Stain are available online from the EMS Catalog. For ordering or product information, click here.