Weigert's Resorcin Fuchsin
EMS Catalog #: 26370-Series
Any common reagent may be used.
Paraffin at 6µm.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Stain in Resorcin-Fuchsin Solution (#26370-01) for 1 – 12 hours depending upon the depth of stain required for the elastic fibers. (Nuclei may be stained in Weigert Iron Hematoxylin Working Solution* prior to the Resorcin Fuchsin rather than alter as is described here).
- Clear the stain in 95% Alcohol. Acid Alcohol may be used to differentiate any slide that has stained diffusely wash in tap water.
- Stain slides in Weigert’s Iron Hematoxylin Working Solution (see above) and then counterstain in Van Gieson’s Solution (#26370-02)
- Rinse in distilled water to remove excess Van Gieson’s Stain from slides.
- Differentiate and hydrate the slides in two changes each of 95% Alcohol and absolute alcohol. Clear the slides in two changes of Xylene.
|Elastic Tissues||Dark Blue|
|Miscellaneous Tissue Elements||Yellow|
Mallory, F.B.: Pathological Technique; New York, Hafner Publishing Co., c. 1961, p. 168
Clark, G.: Staining Procedures: Baltimore: Williams and Wikins Co., 3rd ed., c. 1973, p. 60
Luna, L.G.: AFIP Histologic Staining Methods: New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co., 3rd ed., c. 1968, p.80.