Dane's Method for Prekeratin, Keratin, & Mucin
EMS Catalog #: 26401-Series
Cut paraffin at 6µm sections.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate slides to distilled water.
- Mayer Hematoxylin (#26401-04) for 10 minutes. Blue in running tap water for 10 minutes. Rinse in distilled water.
- Phloxine B 1% Solution (#26401-01) for 3 minutes. Wash in running tap water to remove excess stain. Rinse in distilled water.
- Alcian Blue, 0.5% (#26401-02) for 5 minutes. Wash in tap water for 2 minutes. Rinse in distilled water.
- Orange G Solution (#26401-03) for 13 minutes.
- Transfer to 95% alcohol, two changes, five dips each; absolute alcohol, two changes, fifteen dips each.
- Clear in Xylene and mount.
|Prekeratin and Keratin||Orange to Red|
Dane, E.T., and Herman, D. L.: Stain Techn., 38:97, 1963
AFIP Manual of Histological Staining Methods, 3rd ed., Ed. L. Luna: NY, McGraw-Hill Publ., c. 1968, p.83.