Maldonado's Method For Pancreatic Islet Cells
EMS Catalog #26458
Bouin's without Acetic Acid
Paraffin, @ 6 Microns
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Stain for 10 minutes in Phloxine Solution, 1% (26202-01) Rinse in distilled water.
- Place for 1 minute in Phosphotungstic Acid, 3% (26458-02). Rinse in distilled water.
- Stain for 30 seconds in Azure II Solution, 0.05% (26458-03) Rinse in distilled water.
Stain in Weigert's working solution for 1 minute. Rinse in distilled water.
To prepare Weigert's Working solution:
Mix just before use:
1 part Weigert's A (26458-04)
1 part Weigert's B (26458-05) DO NOT REUSE!!!!!
- Dehydrate in 95% alcohol, absolute alcohol and clear in xylene, two changes each.
- Mount with Permount (17985)
Light blue with evident granules
Grayish blue with red granules
Maldonado, R. and San Jose, H. Stain Techn., 42:11-13, 1967
Luna , L.G., (ed.), Manual of Histologic Staining Methods of the AFIP, 3rd edition, McGraw, N.Y.
p. 105, c. 1968
Phloxine Solution, 1%, Phosphotungstic Acid, 3%, Azure II Solution, 0.05% ,Weigert's A, and Weigert's B for Maldonado's Method For Pancreatic Islet Cells are available online from the EMS Catalog. For ordering or product information, click here.