Toren's Method For Mast Cells
EMS Catalog #26472
10% Buffered Neutral Formalin
Paraffin, @ 6 Microns
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Stain in *Working Giemsa Solution for 75 minutes. Rinse in distilled water.
***Prepare Working Giemsa Solution by adding 40 drops of
Giemsa Stock Solution, to 40ml of distilled water and mixing thoroughly.
Prepare fresh, immediately before use.
- Place in Acetic Acid, 0.5%, for 5 to 10 seconds. Rinse in distilled water.
- Stain in Pollack's Trichrome Solution, for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Rinse in Acetic Acid, 0.5%, until no more stain washes off, 3 to 5 seconds.
- Dehydrate in 95% Alcohol, Absolute Alcohol and clear in Xylene.
- Mount with Permount.
|Mast Cell Granules||deep blue|
|Collagen & Cartilage||blue green|
|Muscle & Elastic Fibers||red|
|Colloid, Keratin & Erythrocytes||orange red to orange|
Toren, D.A.: Stain Techn ., 38:249-250, 1963.
Luna, L., (ed.), Manual of Histologic Staining Methods of the AFIP , 3 rd . ed.,
McGraw-Hill , New York , c. 1968, pp. 116-117.
Giemsa Stain Solution, Acetic Acid 0.5% Aqueous and Pollacks’s Trichrome Solution for Toren's Method For Mast Cells are available online from the EMS Catalog. For ordering or product information, click here.