Pearse's Method for Phospholipids
EMS Catalog #: 26516-Series
Bakers Calcium Cadmium Formal.
Paraffin @ 6 microns
- Deparaffinize and place in absolute alcohol.
- Stain in Luxol Fast Blue Solution (#26516-01) overnight at 58°C. Rinse in 70% Alcohol and then rinse in distilled water.
- Differentiate for 30 minutes to 2 hours in Lithium Carbonate, 0.05% (#26516-02). Rinse in distilled water.
- Counterstain for 30 minutes in Neutral Red, 1% (#26516-03). Rinse in distilled water and blot dry.
- Dehydrate in 95% alcohol, absolute alcohol and clear in xylene, two changes, two minutes each change.
- Mount with Permount (#17986-01)
|Nuclei and Nucleoli||Red|
|Early Lipofuchin, Eosinophil, Granules, Keratin, Keratohyalin, Human Elastic Tissues||Blur to Purple|
Pearse, A.G.E., J. Path. Bact., 70:554-557, 1995.
Luna, L.G. (ed). Manual of Histologic Staining Methods of the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 3rd ed., McGraw-Hill, N.Y., c. 1968, p.148.