Oil Red O Method For Lipofuchsin
EMS Catalog #26609
10% Buffered Neutral Formalin
Paraffin at 6 microns
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Stain in Oil Red O Solution for 72 hours.
- Agitate the slide in Propylene Glycol, 85% for 1 minute.
- Two changes of distilled water, 2 minutes each
- Stain in Mayer's Hematoxylin for 5 minutes. Wash in running water for 10 minutes.
- Mount with Glycerin Jelly
Luna, L.G. (ed.), Manual of Histologic Staining Methods of the AFIP , 3 rd edition, The AFIP, 3 rd edition, McGraw-Hill, NY, P. 186, c 1968.
Oil Red O Solution 0.5%, Propylene Glycol 85% Aqueous and Mayer’s Hematoxylin for Oil Red O Method for Lipofuchsin are available online from the EMS Catalog. For ordering or product information, click here.