Lillie’s Method for Nucleic Acid
EMS Catalog #: 26774-Series
10% Buffered Neutral Formalin (#15741-01).
Paraffin @ 6 microns.
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Place slides in preheated 1N Hydrochloric Acid (#26774-02) at 60°C for 10 -15 minutes.
- Stain for 10 minutes in Schiff’s Reagent (#26774-01)
- Place in Sodium Bisulfite, 0.05M (#26774-03) for 3 changes, 2 minutes each. Wash in running water for 5 minutes.
- Stain for few seconds in Fast Green Solution, 0.01% (#26774-04)
- Dehydrate in 96% alcohol, absolute alcohol, and clear in xylene, two changes each.
- Mount with Permount (#17986-01).
|Nuclear Chromatin||Deep Red-Purple|
|The Chromatin of plasmodia, sarcosporidia toxoplasma and histoplasma||Pale Red|
NOTE: If the fast Green is too intense, it may be removed promptly in water, it does not wash out in alcohol.
Lillie, R.D., Histopathologic Technic and Practical Histochemistry, 3rd ed, McGraw-Hill. NY, pp 149-150, 1965.
Luna, L.G., (ed). Manual of Histologic Staining Methods of the AFIP 3rd edition. McGraw-Hill, NY, p. 131, c. 1968.