Relative Acidophilia Stain
EMS Catalog #26901
Staining (Use 5 Slides)
- Deparaffinize and hydrate to distilled water.
- Stain for all 5 slides in Phioxine B, 0.5% Solution for 30 minutes.
- Remove one slide, rinse in water and 95% alcohol and hold in n-Butyl Alcohol. Rinse the remaining 4 slides quickly in water.
- Stain the remaining 4 slides in Tartrazine Solution and remove at 2,5, 10 and 20 minutes. Each time, rinse in 95% alcohol and hold in n-Butyl Alcohol following removal.
- When all 5 slides are in n-Butyl Alcohol, change to fresh n-Butyl Alcohol for 4 minutes, then clear and mount.
The Least Acidophilic Elements Stained In The Phloxine Control Slide Lose The Red Color After 2 Minutes In The Tartrazine Solution. The Most Acidophilic Retain The Phloxine After 20 Minutes In The Tartrazine.
Lendrum, A.C., J. Path. Bact ., 59:399-404, 1947.
Clark ,G., (ed.), Staining Procedures , 3 rd edition, Williams & Wilkins, Baltimore , p. 163, c 1973.
Phloxine B Staining Solution, Tartrazine Saturated Sol. in Cellosolve and n-Butyl Alcohol for Relative Acidophilia Stain are available online from the EMS Catalog. For ordering or product information, click here.