EMS Catalog #60525, 60526
Det-O-Jet is a highly alkaline detergent containing Potassium Hydroxide, Silicate of Soda and Sodium Hypochlorite. It should be used with caution and the precautions on the label should be followed. Det-O-Jet is non-ionic.
Det-O-Jet is a low-foaming liquid detergent. It is a great product in that it is
- Concentrated to save you money
- Biodegradable and disposable
- Low-foaming for high performance results
- Of free rinsing to give you quality results
- Used to pass your cleaning and inspection approvals
Det-O-Jet is used to clean
- Hospital instruments
- Laboratory ware
- Optical components
- Pharmaceutical apparatus
- Cosmetics manufacturing equipment
- Tissue culture ware
- Plate glass
- Metal castings
- Forgings and stampings
- Industrial parts
- Animal cages
- Electronic components
- Tanks and reactors
Det-O-Jet is used to remove
- Inorganic residues
Det-O-Jet is used to clean the following surfaces
- Recommended for glass
- Stainless steel
- Alkali resistant plastics and metals
Det-O-Jet should follow the following cleaning methods
- Laboratory warewashers
- Cart washers
- Spray washers
- Inorganic residues
- Follow machine manufacturer's directions. Not intended for powder detergent receptacles. If available, use liquid detergent reservoir, connecting tubes, or metering pump.
- In general, use ½-1% solution in hot water wash cycle (1¼-2½ tbsp. per gallon, ¾-1¼ ounces per gallon or 5-10 ml per liter – most machines need 2½ ounces added at a typical 2 gallon wash cycle).
- For soak, circulate, or ultrasonic use, make a 1% solution in cold, warm or hot water. For difficult soils, raise water temperature and use more detergent.
- Wear protective gloves and eyewear when handling.
- Rinse thoroughly, preferably with running water.
- For critical cleaning, do final, or all rinsing, in distilled, deionized or purified water. For food contact surfaces, rinse with potable water. Use on a range of alkali resistant glass, ceramic, plastic, and metal surfaces.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface, or test the clean surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable detergent residue. Parameters measured include: pH, conductivity, UV, TOC, HPLC, sodium concentration, phosphorus concentration, anionic detergent concentration using inexpensive detergent water testing kits, surface tension, and surface analysis.
|Physical Data||Typical Value|
|pH of 1% solution||12.4|
|Specific gravity (g/ml)||1.3|
|Flash point (degrees F)||None|
|Phosphate content (as phosphorous)||2.3%|
|Organic carbon (% calculated w/w)||0.1-1.0%|
|Surface tension 1% solution (Dyne/cm)||55|
|Solubility in water||Completely soluble in all proportions|
|Hard water effectiveness||Highly effective|
|Shelf life||Two (2) years from the date of manufacture|