EMS Catalog #60529, 60530
Alcotabs consists primarily of a homogeneous blend of sodium linear alkylaryl sulfonate, phosphates, carbonate and excipient ingredients added to aid in tabletting. Alcotabs are anionic in nature.
Alcotabs are critical-cleaning detergent tablets that are versatile in that they
- Are special slow-release tablets with a formulation for maximum cleaning performance from your syphon pipette washers
- Are concentrated to save you money
- Are biodegradable and disposable
- Are free-rinsing to give you quality results
- Are used to pass your cleaning and inspection approvals
Alcotabs is used to clean
- Pipettes and tubes with syphon pipette washers in hospital, clinical, educational, R&D and industrial laboratories and cosmetics manufacturing
Alcotabs is used to remove
- Salt deposits
Alcotabs is used to clean surfaces, such as
- Stainless steel
Alcotabs should be used according to the following cleaning method
- Syphon pipette and tube rinser
- Submerge pipettes immediately after use in a 1% Alconox, Liquinox, or Tergazyme solution.
- Let soak in jar until enough pipettes accumulate to fill holder.
- Drop 2 Alcotabs into the rinser.
- Place the holder with pipettes into rinser.
- Alcotab will dissolve (in cold or warm water) and effervesce, producing a detergent solution that passes up and down through the bores and around the pipettes.
- Rinsing automatically follows after the tablet has dissolved.
- For analytical or tissue culture work, use distilled, deionized, or purified water for all or final rinse.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface, or test the clean surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: conductivity, UV, TOC, HPLC, sodium concentration, phosphorus concentration, anionic surfactant concentration using inexpensive detergent water testing kits, surface tension, and surface analysis.
|Physical Data||Typical Value|
|pH of 1% solution||6.5|
|Flash point (degrees F)||None|
|Phosphate content (as phosphorous)||3.9%|
|Organic carbon (% calculated w/w)||20%|
|Surface tension 1% solution (Dyne/cm)||32|
|Percent active ingredients||100%|
|Color||White and cream flakes|
|Solubility in water||To 10% (w/w) at ambient temperature|
|Hard water effectiveness||Highly effective|
|Shelf life||Three (3) years from the date of manufacture|