Citrajet® Low Foaming Liquid Acid Cleaner
EMS Catalog #60532-01, 60532-04
Citrajet contains a mixture of organic acids and surfactants. Citrajet is phosphate-free.
Citrajet is a low-foaming liquid detergent that is versatile in that it
- Is ideal for use as an acid wash or rinse
- Is concentrated to save you money
- Is phosphate-free
- Is biodegradable
- Is used to pass your cleaning and inspection approvals
- Combines acid and detergent ingredients to remove metal oxides, salts and inorganic residues
Citrajet is used to clean
- Laboratory ware
- Sampling apparatus
- Dairy equipment optical parts
- Electronic components
- Pharmaceutical apparatus
- Cosmetics manufacturing equipment
- Metal forgings
- Stampings and castings
- Industrial parts
Citrajet is used to remove
- Metal oxides
- Metal complexes
- Trace inorganics
- Buffing compound grime
- Amphoteric peptides
Citrajet is used to clean a number of surfaces, including
- Stainless steel
Citrajet should following a cleaning method
- Laboratory warewashers
- Cart washers
- Spray washers
- Ultrasonic cleaners
- Flow through clean-in place
- Manual cleaning
- Make a fresh 1-2% solution (3-5 tbsp. per gallon, 1¼-2½ ounces per gallon, or 10-20 ml per liter) in cold, warm or hot water.
- For difficult soils, raise water temperature and use more detergent.
- Clean by soak, circulate, wipe, or ultrasonic method.
- Wear protective gloves and eyewear.
- Rinse thoroughly, preferably with running water.
- For food contact surfaces, rinse with potable water.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface, or test the clean surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: pH, conductivity, total organic carbon, surface tension, and surface analysis.
|Physical Data||Typical Value|
|pH of 1% solution||2.5|
|Specific gravityÂ (g/ml)||1.10|
|Flash point (degrees F)||None|
|Phosphate (as phosphorous)||0%|
|Other phosphorous compounds (as phosphorous)||Less than 1%|
|Organic carbon (% calculated w/w)||14%|
|Surface tension 1% solution (Dyne/cm)||32|
|Solubility in water||Completely soluble in all proportions|
|Hard water effectiveness||Highly effective|
|Foam tendency||Low to non-foaming|
|Shelf life||Two (2) years from the date of manufacture|