Tergajet® Low Foaming Phosphate Free Powdered
EMS Catalog #60534-01, 60534-09
Tergajet is a highly alkaline detergent containing sodium carbonate, silicate of soda, and surfactants. Tergajet is biodegradable and water soluble. Tergajet is non-ionic.
Tergajet is a low-foaming powdered detergent that is versatile in that
- It is concentrated to save you money
- It is phosphate-free
- It is biodegradable
- It is used to pass cleaning and inspection approvals
- It is a low-foaming heavy duty detergent for quality results
- Of free-rinsing to give you reliable results
- It is ideal for under-counter and floor-standing lab washing machines
Tergajet is used to clean
- Water testing labware cleaning
- Phosphate-sensitive lab equipment cleaning
- Hospital instruments
- Optical components
- Pharmaceutical apparatus
- Cosmetics manufacturing equipment
- Tissue culture ware
- Plate glass
- Metal castings
- Forgings and stampings
- Industrial parts
- Animal cages
- Electronic components
Tergajet is used to remove
- Inorganic residues
Tergajet is used to clean a number of surfaces, such as
- Stainless steel
- Cement and alkali-resistant plastics and metals
Tergajet should following a cleaning method
- Laboratory warewashers
- Washer sanitizers
- Ultrasonic cleaners
- Clean-in place
- Manual cleaning
- Cart washers
- Follow machine manufacturer's directions and use the powder detergent receptacles.
- In general, use ½-1% hot water wash cycle solutions (1¼-2½ tbsp. per gallon, ¾-1¼ ounce per gallon or 5-10 grams per liter – most machines need 2½ ounces added at a typical 2 gallon wash cycle).
- For manual soak, circulate or ultrasonic use, make a 1% solution in warm or hot water. For abrasive scrubbing, make a paste. For difficult soils, raise water temperature and use more detergent.
- Wear protective gloves and eyewear when handling.
- Rinse thoroughly, preferably with running water.
- For critical cleaning, do final, or all rinsing, in distilled, deionized or purified water. For food contact surfaces, rinse with potable water.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: pH, conductivity, resistance, spectrographic methods, total organic carbon, and surface analysis.
|Physical Data||Typical Value|
|pH of 1% solution||11.5|
|Flash point (degrees F)||None|
|Phosphate content (as phosphorous)||0%|
|Organic carbon (% calculated w/w)||8.5%|
|Surface tension 1% solution (Dyne/cm)||33|
|Percent active ingredients||100%|
|Solubility in water||Completely soluble to 10% (w/w)|
|Hard water effectiveness||Highly effective|
|Foam tendency||Low foaming|
|Shelf life||Two (2) years from the date of manufacture|