Solujet® Low Foaming Phosphate Free Detergent
EMS Catalog #60536-01, 60536-04
Solujet is a highly alkaline detergent containing potassium hydroxide, silicate of soda, and surfactants.
Solujet is a low-foaming phosphate-free liquid detergent that is versatile in that
- It is concentrated to save you money
- It is phosphate-free
- It is biodegradable
- It is of free-rinsing to give you reliable results and no interfering residues
- It is ideal for CIP cleaning and floor standing lab washing machines
Solujet is used to clean
- Pharmaceutical process equipment
- Water testing labware
- Phosphate sensitive lab equipment cleaning
- Hospital instruments
- Optical components
- Pharmaceutical apparatus
- Cosmetics manufacturing equipment
- Tissue culture ware
- Plate glass
- Metal castings
- Forgings and stampings
- Industrial parts
- Animal cages
- Electronic components
Solujet is used to remove
- Inorganic residues
Solujet is used to clean a number of surfaces, including
- Stainless steel
- Inhibited for aluminum
Solujet should following a cleaning method
- Clean-in place
- Laboratory warewashers
- Cart washers
- Spray washers
- Ultrasonic cleaners
- Manual cleaning
- Follow machine manufacturer's directions.
- Not intended for powder detergent receptacles.
- If available, use liquid detergent reservoir, connecting tubes or metering pump.
- In general, use ½-1% solution in hot water wash cycle (1¼-2½ tbsp. per gallon, ¾-1¼ ounces per gallon or 5-10 ml per liter – most machines need 2½ ounces added at a typical 2 gallon wash cycle).
- For soak, circulate or ultrasonic use, make a 1% solution in cold warm or hot water. For difficult soils, raise water temperature and use more detergent.
- Wear protective gloves and eyewear when handling.
- Rinse thoroughly, preferably with running water.
- For critical cleaning, do final, or all rinsing, in distilled, deionized or purified water. For food contact surfaces, rinse with potable water.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Parameters measured include: pH, conductivity, resistance, spectrographic methods, total organic carbon, and surface analysis.
|Physical Data||Typical Value|
|pH of 1% solution||12.2|
|Specific gravity (g/ml)||1.31|
|Flash point (degrees F)||None|
|Phosphate content (as phosphorous)||0%|
|Organic carbon (% calculated w/w)||6%|
|Surface Tension 1% solution (Dyne/cm)||33|
|Percent active ingredients||100%|
|Solubility in water||Completely soluble|
|Hard water effectiveness||Highly effective|
|Shelf life||Two (2) years from the date of manufacture|