Detergent 8® Low Foaming Phosphate Free Detergent
EMS Catalog #60538-01, 60538-04
About Detergent 8®
Detergent 8 is a non-ionic, phosphate-free homogeneous blend of an alkanolamine, glycol ethers and an alkoxylated fatty alcohol. Contains no chelating agents, halides or conductive metal cations such as sodium.
Why Detergent 8®
Detergent 8 is a low-foaming ion-free detergent that is versatile in that it
- Replaces solvent cleaning
- Is concentrated to save you money
- Is biodegradable
- Has penetrating wetting power to save you time
- Is of free rinsing to give you quality results
- Contains no phosphate, sulfur, chlorine, metal cation, halide, borate, silicate, carbonate, chlorocarbon, fluorocarbon or chelating ingredients
Detergent 8 is used to clean
- Circuit boards
- Electronic parts
- Phosphate-sensitive labware
- Nuclear reactor cavities
- Delicate industrial parts
- Nuclear-contaminated equipment during outage
Detergent 8 is used to remove
Detergent 8 cleans a variety of surfaces
- Stainless steel
- Circuit boards
Detergent 8 should following a cleaning method
- Ware washer
- Spray washer
- Pressure washer
- Flow through clean-in-place
- For manual, soak, and ultrasonic use, make a 3-5% solution (4-6 ounces per gallon or 30-50 ml per liter) in warm or hot water. An oily, milky solution is normal.
- Protective and eyewear are recommended.
- For spray machines, add detergent at the hot water wash cycle to make a 2% solution (2½ ounces per gallon or 20 ml per liter). For difficult soils, raise water temperature and use more detergent.
- Rinse thoroughly, preferably with running water.
- For critical cleaning, do final, or all rinsing, in distilled, deionized or purified water.
Cleaning Validation Methods
Test a parameter of rinse water before and after rinsing the cleaned surface, or test the clean surface. No significant change in the parameter indicates no detectable residue. Parameters measured include: pH, spectrographic methods, surface tension, and surface analysis.
|Physical Data||Typical Value|
|pH of 1% solution||11.0|
|Specific gravity (g/ml)||0.99|
|Flash point (degrees F, Cleveland open cup)||201|
|Phosphate content (as phosphorous)||0%|
|Organic carbon (% calculated w/w)||35-40%|
|Surface tension 1% solution (Dyne/cm)||32|
|Solubility in water||Completely soluble|
|Hard water effectiveness||Highly effective|
|Shelf life||Two (2) years from date of manufacture|