Aldehyde Test Kit
EMS Catalog #63330-10
The Electron Microscopy Sciences Aldehyde Test Kit is designed for detection and semi-quantitative determination of formaldehyde.
- 2 bottles of test reagent, each containing 25 ml of reagent
- 1 container of Formaldehyde test strips, containing 100 strips
- 1 plastic vial
- 1 pipette
- Using the pipette, deposit 5 ml of treated formalin waste in the plastic vial supplied with the kit.
- Add 10 drops of the test reagent provided to the vial filled with 5 ml of treat formalin waste and swirl.
- Remove a formaldehyde test strip from the container provided. Immediately close the container to reduce humidity exposure.
- Immerse the reaction zone of the test strip into the vial filled with 5 ml of treated formalin waste for 1 second.
- Shake the test strip 5 times to remove excess liquid from the strip then compare the color of the reaction zone to the color scale on the bottle.
- The matching color will designate a number. This is the residual formaldehyde content in parts per million (ppm) of the treated formalin.