Neutralex™ Starter Kit
EMS Catalog #63330-SK
- Formalin Neutralizer
- Formalin Neutralizer Test Reagent
The Formalin Neutralizer is ready to use. Warm the Formalin Neutralizer Test Reagent to room temperature before use.
|Solution to be treated||Quantity of Solution
to be Treated
|1% Formaldehyde||1 gallon||2 level scoops*|
|10% Neutral Buffered Formalin||1 liter||2 level scoops|
|10% Neutral Buffered Formalin||1 gallon||2 level scoops*|
|* Use scoop provided in kit|
- Add Formalin Neutralizer as indicated in the table above and mix until dissolved.
- Wait at least 10 minutes.
- Test neutralized formalin solution.
- Add 100µl of neutralized formalin solution to 100µl of Formalin Neutralizer Test Reagent.
- Cap the tube – invert 3 times to mix thoroughly.
- Wait 5 minutes for color to develop
- Test solutions which are colorless, light or medium violet or pink, have been neutralized
Note: Colorless solutions have a formaldehyde content <0.001%. Solutions that yield a deep pink or burgundy color after treatment have a formaldehyde content >0.05% and should be retreated. Repeat Steps 1 to 3.
Run a positive control using untreated formalin waste solution – see Step 3 above. Solution should turn a deep pink to deep burgundy. If solution does not turn a deep burgundy color, contact Electron Microscopy Sciences for assistance.