Butler Block Trimmer
EMS Catalog # 69945-01
Instruction for use:
- Identify the parts of the Trimmer by referring to the diagram on Page 2.
- Remove the Knife Guide (4) and unscrew the retaining screw.
- Insert about 2/3 of the Epoxy block into the Chuck and retighten the retaining screw
- Re-insert the knife guide onto the base & chuck assembly and place under a stereomicroscope at about 12x mag. So the block tip is in focus and the Knife Guide is visible.
- Turn the Micrometer screw (1) until the slope of the Knife Guide (4) are roughly even with the block tip. Tighten the locking screw till snug, then loosen ½ turn. Take up the slack by tightening the Micrometer screw again. This will advance the block for each desired cut.
- Push a new razor blade down the knife guide to slice off unwanted Epoxy repeating step 5 until the desired amount of Epoxy is removed from the block.
- Loosen the Chuck(5) by unscrewing the Chuck Locking Screw (6)
- Rotate Chuck(5) to set the angle of the next cut and tighten the Chuck Locking Screw ( 6)
- Repeat steps 5 & 6 till the desired results are achieved.
- Micrometer Screw
- Locking Screw
- Knife Glide
- Chuck with block Retaining Screw
- Chuck Locking screw