Instructions for Using Press-to-Seal Silicone Isolators
EMS Catalog #70336
Instructions for Use
1. Remove either the adhesive liner or poly liner from the isolator surface. 2. Apply silicone isolator to glass microscope slide or coverslip using gentle pressure. Observe seal formed through the opposite side of the glass.
3. Remove liner (if present) from remaining surface.
4. Add specimen and/or reagent to isolated area.
5. Prevent evaporation by sealing exposed surfaces by gently pressing a glass coverslip or HybriSlip TM over the chamber surface.
6. Non-adhesive silicone isolators may be easily removed from slides or coverslips simply by peeling them off. Remove adhesive isolators from glass slides, slowly and carefully to avoid breaking the glass.
Non-adhesive Silicone Isolators seal well to both wet or dry surfaces. The best seal is formed on a dry glass surface.
Silicone Isolators may be adhered to themselves as a method to increase isolator depth.
Clean non-adhesive isolators for re-use by washing with detergent and water. Store clean and lint free.
Silicone surfaces may be “spot cleaned” using a strip of adhesive tape.