Mini Vacuum Desiccator
EMS Catalog #71246-01
Our Mini Vacuum Desiccator consists of a clear top section, a white bottom section, an O-ring and vacuum retention valve. This model is suitable for the protection of organic and inorganic samples from contaminants and oxidation and for the storage of calibration samples. The desiccator has a conical connecting piece, which can be removed after the evacuation. Therefore, an unintentional venting is prevented, which is also ideal for transport of samples. The evacuated volume allows recording of up to 18 scanning samples (Standard Fei / Philips) or some grid boxes for transmission electron microscopy.
Working with shielding gases:
- For venting of the desiccator screw the vacuum connection (in the recipient) to the valve.
- Remove the outer O-ring. The space is required for the U-shaped auxiliary tool.
- Pull the valve in arrow direction till stop and fix the tube clip with the U-shaped auxiliary tool.
- Attach the aluminum bolt on the desiccator housing and adjust the stopper in a way that the shielding gas can still easily flow (about 0.2 mm between bolt and glass).
- Remove the U-shaped auxiliary tool and press the tube clip into the desiccator.
- The tube clip can be removed by turning counter clockwise until the inner ring is free (maintain contact pressure to the recipient).
- The tube clip can now be removed.
For transport of samples or when traveling we recommend the desiccator not be filled with shielding gas, but to keep it under vacuum.