Slide Coating Adhesive
EMS Catalog #71302
Prepared from 3-Aminopropyltriethoxysilane in Acetone, the adhesive is ideal for coating glass slides prior to adhering either paraffin or plastic sections to the slides. This adhesive prevents sections from falling off of the slide during processing.
Instructions for use:
- Dip the slide in the Slide Coating Adhesive, using either our 5 or 10-slide unit Coplin Jar (EMS #70316 or #70317) or the EMS Dip Miser (#70510).
- Rinse the slide in 100% Acetone.
- Rinse the slide in distilled water.
- Dry the slide at 40°C in a dust-free desiccator.
- The slide is now ready to use.
Tissue sections (0.25-0.5 microns) are transferred to a drop of water on the slide (coated). Place the slide on a hot plate at 70-80°C for 20-30 seconds or until the sections have expanded and they become flat. Dry the sections at 68-70°C for an additional 1-3 minutes. Then follow your protocol for etching and/or staining of the sections.
Use #71302 (Slide Coating Adhesive) under a fume hood for the fumes are toxic.
David L. Mason et. al., The J. of Histotechnology/Vol. 15, No 4/1992.