Mr. Frosty® Cryo 1°C Freezing Containers
EMS #72596-01, 72596-02, 72596-03
- Remove high-density polyethylene tube holder and foam insert from polycarbonate unit. Discard foam insert.
- Add 100% isopropyl alcohol to the fill line on the Mr. Frosty container. DO NOT overfill.
- Carefully replace tube holder.
- Place tubes containing sample into holes in tube holder.
- Place unit in bottom of -70°C to -80°C mechanical freezer. Leave undisturbed for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Remove frozen tubes from unit and place in a permanent, long-term storage freezer
(e.g. -130°C or below).
NOTE: DO NOT store full jar on its side. Store at room temperature when not in use. Replace alcohol every fifth use. Clean with non-abrasive, non-alkaline detergent. The tube holder floats with tubes in place and can be used as a floating rack when thawing samples.