SmartGlow™ Loading Dye
EMS Catalog #87058-04
SmartGlow™ Loading Dye is the smart and safe choice for your lab, research and application. Unlike other safe dyes, SmartGlow™ excited both in the UV and blue light spectrum. It is supplied at a 6x concentration and only needs to be added to the samples before pipetting into gel walls. By following this method, you can eliminate the risk of contamination of glassware, plastic ware, and gel running tank (as can happen with EtBr). It is not required to add any stain to the gel or running buffer. After electrophoretic separation, be sure to view your results using a UV or blue light illuminator.
- Prepare 100 ml of agarose or polyacrylamide solution.
- Mix gently and make sure there are no air bubbles in the mixture.
- Allow the solution to cool to about 60-70°C, then pour the gel(s).
- Mix samples and DNA markers with SmartGlow™ Loading Dye at a 1:5 (dye to sample) dilution.
- After the separation is complete, view the gel using a UV or blue light illuminator.